Having recently secured some long-term building maintenance and fire protection contracts, we are currently seeking to employ a Trainee Quantity Surveyor for our Brandon branch.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ideally enrolled on a Quantity Surveying course
- Previous hands on practical exposure
- Ability to support management in meeting business needs.
- Excellent customer care and communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to achieve high standards of work.
You will need to demonstrate that you are interested in developing a future within the construction industry and ideally already be enrolled on a Quantity Surveying course, with hands on practical exposure through working for a contractor, in a builder’s merchants or specialist sub-contractors.
Your main duties will include:
- Complete and submit tenders in a timely manner.
- Price all surveys.
- Produce Monthly Valuations.
- Invoice works.
- Order materials ensuring best value.
- Produce target prices for all operatives.
- Attend contract meetings.
- Monitor and report on costings/profit to commercial manager by means of monthly CVR reports.
You will need to work on your own initiative and carry out surveys on site with a qualified surveyor.
Hours will be Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
To apply, simply email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or fill out the application form below and attach a CV.
We are an equal opportunities employed and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.