We currently have a great opportunity for a Site Manager to join our team in Brandon.
Essential: SMSTS, First Aid, Asbestos Awareness
Essential: Extensive experience of refurbishment projects in a number of sectors
Aptitude, skills & abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload and meet project deadlines
- Excellent time management and leadership skills
- Broad understanding of the construction industry
- Staying away from home at times
- A team player
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm (1 hour lunch)
Location: Based at Brandon, Suffolk
Competitive/Negotiable package with benefits
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community
CLC Group Ltd is an established Property and Asset Maintenance Company with branches nationwide. We currently have a great opportunity for a Site Manager to join our team in Brandon.
- Setting up the site alongside the contracts manager, to make sure all the storage rooms, welfare, site office etc are ready prior to works taking place.
- Making sure that all the relevant H&S folders are on site and have the relevant information in them, prior to any works starting on site.
- Making sure that all delivery info is provided for the furniture/materials in which are to be delivered on what days. Keeping tabs on deliveries, to make sure all arrive. If not, to take the relevant action to find out why not.
- Making sure all the relevant PPE is on site, prior to any works taking place. If not, to liaise with the contracts manager/H&S Manager to order. Also making sure that the relevant signage and barriers etc are on site.
- Give inductions to all operatives prior to starting any works on site. So, making sure that they have filled in both the induction forms and the relevant Rams. Make sure that the site rules are understood by the operative. Also making sure that the operatives are aware of where the welfare and other areas in which are relevant to them are shown.
- Daily meetings with the supervisor on what is expected for the day ahead, to make sure you are where you need to be come close of day.
- Ordering items in which the operatives require to complete works in hand.
- Liaising with the contracts manager for the correct and required labour to do ALL the tasks in hand /phasing. Working with the contract manager/Client on any variation, for example, a bathroom floor may need replacing due to being rotten or a piece of furniture may need to be fitted elsewhere, due to the current position not working.
- Liaising with the hotel management staff on a regular basis to make sure that there are no issues and if there are, how to rectify them (10 am daily meeting)
- Making sure all the fire protection is covered prior to works starting each day and before leaving the site at the end of each day.
- ALWAYS walking on the live working areas to make sure that the operatives are working in a safe manner and that the work is getting done to the correct standard and in the time frame given. Making sure the supervisor is on board with all the requirements.
- Making sure that the working areas are kept clean and swept on a regular basis.
- Overall: Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the site to make sure all are working in a safe manner and not putting themselves or others at risk and that the works are getting completed to the correct standard, may have to work extra hours or weekends to achieve the works within the given phasing.