We currently looking for an IT apprentice to join our team.
- Qualifications required – 9-4/A*-C in English, ICT and Maths or Functional Skills Level 2 in all three
- Provide IT support, training, and orientation for new and existing technology users.
- Offer troubleshooting, support, and repair when IT equipment, telephony systems, or networks malfunction.
- Provide phone, live chat, or in-person support, depending on user requirements.
- Walk end-users through solutions to solve problems and direct questions to senior team members / 3rd Party Support when necessary.
- Demonstrate great customer service skills, listen carefully, and exercise patience.
- Document daily tasks, training, and support sessions to inform the department and organisation better regarding IT support needs.
- Maintain records of hardware and software inventory.
- Assist with maintaining information security through controlled hardware or software installation and staff education.
- Follow emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failures when necessary and protect data and security.
This list is not exhaustive and a degree of flexibility is required to assist with IT support throughout the Company
You will be enrolled on the BCS Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship at Highbury College, Portsmouth. The apprenticeship qualification lasts for 18 months and formal training usually takes place every 1 to 2 months, this will include 5–10 day release whereby the apprentice will be required to attend dedicated training.
Students will be taught using our online learning platform giving the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere. Due to being a virtual apprenticeship the training can be completed at home, in the workplace or at our college campus in Cosham in a computer room and would be agreed with the employer. Time spent training will come under the working hours per week.
Reporting to the IT Manager and within the IT team you will work towards assisting in the smooth running of the Company infrastructure from our Head Office in Southampton, providing help and support to all our divisions based throughout the UK.