CLC Group undertakes property and asset maintenance work across the Housing, Hotel & Leisure, Commercial, Education and Industrial sectors. We employ around a thousand staff in our network of nationwide branches, enabling us to provide our customers with a local, regional or national service.
We focus on the key environmental issues where we can collaborate with our peers to protect the environment and make a real difference to the built environment. Our priorities are pollution prevention through the development of management processes and operational standards; reducing carbon and waste and sourcing responsibly. Our approach to Reshaping Tomorrow’s Environment is driven by our core values.
Integrity – Strive to fulfil and where possible exceed, the compliance obligations to which we subscribe and seek ways to work with our customers, supply chain and peers to drive industry environmental best practice. We will influence and work with the Government, trade bodies, our customers and peers to improve the performance of the sector.
Intelligence – Develop new systems and solutions to drive environmental best practice and standards on our projects. We will work with like-minded organisations to bring expertise and thinking to continually improve our environmental standards and performance.
Teamwork – Work in partnership with our customers, supply chain and other stakeholders including to challenge thinking and identify new ways of delivering environmental improvement in the built environment.
Performance – Establish short and medium-term corporate environmental objectives, targets and processes for our key priorities. We will measure our environmental performance, seek continuous improvement, report and review annually and share with our people, our customers, supply chain and wider stakeholders. We will allocate suitable and sufficient resources which enable the company to achieve this.
Respect for People and Communities – Provide environmental training to our own people and our supply chain on environmental issues and encourage individuals to make environmental commitments on our sites and in our offices. In adhering to this policy, in particular, we will:
- Assess and where practicable to do so, reduce the environmental impact of our company’s products and services.
- Implement, maintain and continually improve the management systems (our Operating Framework) to ensure it:
- Assigns environmental accountabilities within the business as appropriate.
- Supports the development of strategies to minimise impacts, achieve objectives and targets and review the outcomes.
- Provides the basis for improving our environmental performance.
- Continues to meet the needs of our business.
- Supports effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting. This policy applies to all our employees and those working with us or on our behalf. All our employees are expected to cooperate and assist in the implementation of this policy by ensuring that environmental issues and risks are given adequate consideration. The successful implementation of this policy requires the cooperation, commitment and involvement of everyone in the business.
The Executive Committee has overall responsibility for ensuring this policy is complied with and will review it at least once per year, and at such other times as may be required, to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to the aims of the objectives of our business.